• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output when opening Backup Manager

arpan

New Pleskian
Plesk version: 17.5.3
Server : Windows 2012 R2

When I am opening backup manager getting the below error-

Internal error:
Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:
Message Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:
File PMMConnector.php
Line 840
Type PleskPMMResponseException
After following Resolved - PleskPMMResponseException - PMMConnector.php 831
I tried - .\pmmcli.exe --get-tasks-list Backup and got the below output
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PMMcli-runner.py", line 13, in <module>
import pmmcli
ImportError: No module named pmmcli
I have verified that PMMcli-runner.py file is present.
After several attempts of trouble shooting by seeing the related forum articles, still it didn't work.

Please help me out here, thanks in advance.

Based on the symptoms you have provided, there is a probability that some files related to Backup Manager are missing or corrupted.
Please check if folder pmmcli exists in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share" directory.
Please also check if PYTHONHOME variable is set using the following command:

Code:
set | findstr PYTHONHOME

I can see the pmmcli folder.

1631168657077.png

I have set up PYTHONHOME variable by giving the path as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python"
But not getting anything when ran "set | findstr PYTHONHOME", still the issue is persisting.
In another Plesk server I don't see any variable called PYTHONHOME but backup manager is working fine over there.

1631168796108.png

Have you tried to reinstall the Backup manager or plesk repair all?

Have you tried to reinstall the Backup manager or plesk repair all?
Can you please share me any doc / link to reinstall Backup manager ? I couldn't get any info on that.
Yes I have tried plesk repair all but that did not resolve either.

I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.
Moreover, I strongly recommend you consider upgrade your ancient Plesk 17.5.3 to the latest Plesk Obsidian version.

Back