• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed Upgrade From 8.6.0 to V9

S

Steeble

Hi,

I attempted an upgrade from V8.6.0 to 9 yesterday which didn't complete properly and I'm not unable to access the control panel.

When accessing the control panel I get the following error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Components::componentUpdate() failed: Unable to exec utility packagemng: packagemng: Unable to clean BackendCache in DB: Table 'psa.BackendCache' doesn't exist

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.PersistentCache' doesn't exist

0: auth.php3:491

All of my websites and the email are still functioning. I have made manual backups of the /var/www/vhosts directory and backed up the mysql dbs for my websites in preperation to restore from a backup. However when I try to use the pleskrestore app I get:

MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'type' in 'where clause'

I suspect this is because of the differing versions (V9 installed to a point but the backup was made in 8.6). Does anyone have any suggestions? The ideal scenario would be to get it to successfully upgrade to 9 but if not I'm happy to go back to 8.6 if possible.

I'm running Centos 5 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Extra Info

From the email I received following the failed install, here is a section that may help:

===> Installing psa database
Trying to start service mysqld... done
Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database... version is 0860

ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE user = ''; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.5.4_cos5.build95101209.08_upgrade.110215.15.02.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-9.5.4-cos5.build95101209.08.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Trying to install PAM module... done
done
Trying to upgrade persistent database storage... done
ERROR: PleskMainDBException

0: common_func.php3:206
db_query(string 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM clients where type <> "admin"')
1: common_func.php3:3569
KeyLimitsChecker::getClientsUsed()
2: common_func.php3:3459
KeyLimitsChecker::checkEasyMisused(boolean false)
3: common_func.php3:3299
KeyLimitsChecker::checkKey(boolean false)
4: common_func.php3:3497
KeyLimitsChecker::resetKeyLocks()
5: cmd_loginup.php:137
createSession(string 'admin', string '*********', boolean true, boolean false, integer '-1')
6: cu.php:619
cu->setSession()
7: cu.php:218
cu->cu()
8: update_notifications.php:83

WARNING!
During the cannot update notifications. Please rerun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/update_notifications.php manyally found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa-api-rpc_9.5.4_cos5.build95101209.08_upgrade.110215.15.02.log)

Continue...

ERROR: PleskMainDBException

0: common_func.php3:206
db_query(string 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM clients where type <> "admin"')
1: common_func.php3:3569
KeyLimitsChecker::getClientsUsed()
2: common_func.php3:3459
KeyLimitsChecker::checkEasyMisused(boolean false)
3: common_func.php3:3299
KeyLimitsChecker::checkKey(boolean false)
4: common_func.php3:3497
KeyLimitsChecker::resetKeyLocks()
5: cmd_loginup.php:137
createSession(string 'admin', string '*********', boolean true, boolean false, integer '-1')
6: cu.php:619
cu->setSession()
7: cu.php:218
cu->cu()
8: create_default_templates.php:354

WARNING!
During the default tempaltes cannot be created found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa-api-rpc_9.5.4_cos5.build95101209.08_upgrade.110215.15.02.log)

Back