1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Failed Upgrade From 8.6.0 to V9

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Steeble, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Steeble

Steeble Guest

Hi,

I attempted an upgrade from V8.6.0 to 9 yesterday which didn't complete properly and I'm not unable to access the control panel.

When accessing the control panel I get the following error:

All of my websites and the email are still functioning. I have made manual backups of the /var/www/vhosts directory and backed up the mysql dbs for my websites in preperation to restore from a backup. However when I try to use the pleskrestore app I get:

I suspect this is because of the differing versions (V9 installed to a point but the backup was made in 8.6). Does anyone have any suggestions? The ideal scenario would be to get it to successfully upgrade to 9 but if not I'm happy to go back to 8.6 if possible.

I'm running Centos 5 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

2. Steeble

Steeble Guest

Extra Info

From the email I received following the failed install, here is a section that may help: