• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal error in navigation.php line 54

M

mansrm81

Hello I'm getting this error Fatal error: Call to a member function getContext() on a non-object in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Navigation.php on line 54 when at the login page and I believe it has to do with the default language or something to that effect. I have to come here to ask for help cause we are on a non-managed server so they won't be able to fix it for us. If you need more information I will have to ask my fellow admin that has bought the server that included plesk.

Thanks

Hello everyone I am the one with the problem here, Steve is my co admin for the site and the one with most of the know how, I would really appreciate some help with this issue, it was brought on by me after following some steps in this guide I beleive http://www.grafxsoftware.com/faq.php/HOW-TO-Setup-a-PLESK-Dedicated-Server/1/4/ I am a complete noob at all of this stuff and I did leave some steps unfinished so I have probably stuffed something up, I have also configured my own my.cnf so I could have possibly even made some error there preventing the access to the Plesk Panlel.

Any assistance would be appreciated, if you need any extra info let me know and I will try to provide it.

I also have a whole other list of problems with permissions and database limits that I need to solve but I will leave those for now as this is a new problem unrelated to those.

Best regards

Mark

I can't see any info about your configuration files for Plesk and MySQL.

Send a pm with detailed information about your server or a temporally login.
A lot of settings will be created by Plesk itself and don't need a adjustment by the root or admin.

Regards,
Edward

Sorry Edward but I do not know you at all and you don't seem to be a staff member nor do you have a very big post count so I would not feel comfortable giving access to you, however if you would like to give me some pointers on what settings I can change and where to find them that would be appreciated.

The details I can give you are the Plesk Panel link https://virtualcustoms.net:8443/
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m
Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded)
Plesk Panel 10.3.1

If anyone would like to give me hand to figure this out and the other issues then contact me @ [email protected] and if you can help me fix the problems I will make it worth your while, I will make it a nice $100 to the person who can solve all the problems I am having lol, payable via Paypal

Okay,

Could you give me a selection which code you'll have changed.
As i see at grafxsoftware.com, these file is not the good one for Plesk 10.3:

It has to be like this at /etc/my.cnf. (nano /etc/my.cnf to edit)

Code:
[mysqld]
local-infile=0
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql

# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks;
# to do so, uncomment this line:
# symbolic-links=0

#skip-bdb

innodb_buffer_pool_size=2M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=500K
innodb_log_buffer_size=500K
innodb_thread_concurrency=2

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

And you'll need PHP 5.3 to use Plesk 10.3 (type "php -v" or "php -i" at your command line to check it out)

A simple update command of your web-server could be:
Code:
yum clean all
yum check update (you seeing a list of updates)
yum update (updating your entire web-server)
Or into your case "yum update php" if you want to update PHP only.

Otherwise you could restore your Plesk installation by bootstrapper. Then it should be fixed if you don't have any misconfiguration at your server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,

Could you give me a selection which code you'll have changed.
As i see at grafxsoftware.com, these file is not the good one for Plesk 10.3:

It has to be like this at /etc/my.cnf. (nano /etc/my.cnf to edit)

Code:
[mysqld]
local-infile=0
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql

# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks;
# to do so, uncomment this line:
# symbolic-links=0

#skip-bdb

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

And you'll need PHP 5.3 to use Plesk 10.3 (type "php -v" or "php -i" at your command line to check it out)

A simple update command of your web-server could be:
Code:
yum clean all
yum check update (you seeing a list of updates)
yum update (updating your entire web-server)
Or into your case "yum update php" if you want to update PHP only.

Otherwise you could restore your Plesk installation by bootstrapper. Then it should be fixed if you don't have any misconfiguration at your server.

Thanks Edward that has fixed my Plesk panel adding and changing some of those settings in my.cnf I checked that version number of PHP as well it seems to be the correct version however it did give me some errors.

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/radius.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/radius.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.3.6 (cli) (built: Aug  3 2011 12:13:41)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH

Try to reinstall your PHP at "yum reinstall php*"

Get the new php.ini.rpmnew (edit with "nano /etc/php.ini.rpmnew") and look at your current php.ini file at take all the necessary settings at the *.rpmnew over and add a /tmp directory at your configuration.

Add to php.ini file
Code:
upload_tmp_dir = "/tmp"

Then:
Code:
cp -b /etc/php.ini /etc/php.ini-old (creates a back-up)
mv /etc/php.ini.rpmnew /etc/php.ini (moving the *.rpmnew file to php.ini>

Or take my php.ini.txt file and rename it into php.ini.

At last:
Reboot Apache/HTTPD server: "service apache2 restart" or "service httpd restart"
Check your PHP version again by "php -v" or "php -i" if anything is okay and if there are no errors.

At the next upgrade of Plesk, will use Plesk these php.ini settings or force it yourself to use Bootstrapper as I described above into these posts.
There could be a change of subversions into Plesk. But nothing to worry about, because you'll already using the latest version when you looking at "yum list psa" or "yum whatprovides psa".

Regards,
Edward

Attachments

• php.ini.txt
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Edward, thats fixed now, can you contact me on messenger so we can have a chat and maybe you could have a proper look at things and help with some other issues we are having, you have already earned your $100 though lol

Thanks Edward, thats fixed now, can you contact me on messenger so we can have a chat and maybe you could have a proper look at things and help with some other issues we are having, you have already earned your $100 though lol

Just send me a e-mail to [email protected]

Kind of regards,
Edward

Got some more problems now, I was going through the list on Securing Linux-based Servers here http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.2.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-pci-compliance-guide/ and after turning on the firewall plesk fails to start.

Code:
[root@x3430-21853 virtualcustoms.net]# /etc/init.d/psa start
Starting psa...                                                       failed
Starting xinetd service...                                            done
Starting named service...                                             done
Starting mysqld service...                                            done
Starting postgresql service...                                        done
Starting psa-spamassassin service...                                  done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting psa...                                                       failed
Starting drwebd service...                                            not installed

Found the problem I was having with the Plesk panel not starting, when I entered the new chipper list it put it on 2 lines, found the answer here http://kb.odin.com/8522

Just also wanted to mention that Egor helped with this solution by pointing me on the right track with.

sw-cp-server error log - /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

Back