• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal error: Unexpected error in auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 40

N

Nemas

I just upgraded to 8.3 and am now getting this error when I try to access the control panel.

Fatal error: Unexpected error in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 40

I am running under iis and mysql. But even when I switch back to apache from iis I still get this error.

Application log shows:

The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( PHP-5.2.4 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: php[3136], PHP Fatal error: Unexpected error in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 40.

I tried to repair the install and that did not help. I even switched the isapi from php5 to php4 and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Probably it is some problem with license.
It would be better to contact Swsoft support.

Hi,

Probably it is some problem with license.
It would be better to contact Swsoft support.

I thought about that and I tried key writer and that didn't work, all I got was...
(where XXXXXX is my key number)

Unexpected error
at execute console command PLSK.000XXXXX.0035.xml(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute key-writer PLSK.000XXXXX.0035.xml(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\key-writer.exe

Also tried to email support but they want $75.00 to fix their software :/

It can't be a license error because I installed 8.3.0 on a virtual pc with the same settings as my server and uploaded the current key and everything went well.

Swsoft still hasn't gotten back to me. Backups and restores don't work either. I am totally screwed unless I do a full reinstall and hopefully be able to restore the mssql and my sql databses with my customers applications. Thanks Swsoft for at least 2 days of work and a bunch of pissed off customers :/

Did you have any joy with solving this? - Have the same issue with 2 servers now, tried to contact the company that deal withour licenses they say talk to Sw-Soft/Parallels, however they dont seem to care unless you're paying for the advice :/.

I just dumped swsoft and had my provider provision a new server with 8.3. Did a full backup then a restore. Paying more then half as much for the CP now :) and my provider has someone that knows plesk inside and out that plesk seems to respond to.

Back