• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature Request: Disable accounts without killing DNS-Zones

Hello there,

yesterday I found out that when suspending a client account or domain, the DNS-service for this domain will be disabled as well...

Well in the end this was a very bad action because the domain is not known anymore worldwide (Had to disable the client for about 4 weeks due to not paying his invoices)

So I want to place a feature request for upcoming versions that it is possible to lock domains without disabling the DNS for it.

A simple website that shows the domain was disabled would be great.

Hope that my idea will help improoving Plesk maybe!

Best regards from Germany

Thorsten

Are you sure? When domain is suspended his DNS zone still works but when you go to domain you will see default Plesk page but not error that "Domain doesn't exists".

Weel as I can see, my secondary NS is prohibited from getting updates from a suspended domain.
After some time of disabling a domain, the DNS informations disappear and DeNIC will not anymore know the domain.
I had to unsuspend it, take care that the secondary NS gets its records again and do a domain-update with my registrar...

I use Plesk 9.2.3 at the moment

But what about primary NS server? Server has active domain's zone and registrar knows about it.

I think that if the administrator suspends the domain, it also kills the DNS however if the domain is suspended by the client then it only kills the vhost and hence, the site displays the default plesk server page.

Yeah can be...But if a client does not pay the invoices my rule is to suspend his account.
So for my understanding it makes really NO sense to kill the DNS-Zone on Admin-Suspend!

Would be worth for a change, correct?

Tyvm

Back