• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature Request: OneDrive & Google Drive support for backups

KonstantinosS

Basic Pleskian
Support for Dropbox backups is on the latest version of Plesk 12, would it be too much if we request for a backup solution regarding OneDrive & Google Drive in future releases, as many users have opted for Office 365 and Google Apps?

Thanks in advance!
Konstantinos

I have never used Google or One Drive for my confidential data storage. I only prefer Free CloudBacko for features like supportive backup plans. It supports Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. You can easily login from other machine and restore your data remotely. I don’t need to install it and can login from any social media account. If you opt for Google and One Drive you cannot rely on data limit. But in CloudBacko I can store data upto 100 TB free of charge.

I am writing a Bash script right now that will allow backing up to Google Drive. Once I test it properly I will post it here.

I have never used Google or One Drive for my confidential data storage. I only prefer Free CloudBacko for features like supportive backup plans. It supports Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. You can easily login from other machine and restore your data remotely. I don’t need to install it and can login from any social media account. If you opt for Google and One Drive you cannot rely on data limit. But in CloudBacko I can store data upto 100 TB free of charge.

But you have to admitt, that CloudBacko does not allow server backups in the "lite" edition:
Can I use CloudBacko Lite to back up my servers?
  • No, you are not allowed to install CloudBacko Lite on servers. For backing up servers, you need to use CloudBacko Pro.
... and at the moment the "Pro" - version is available for 39 $ per licence ( server ).

I will look into that. I might include the ability to import a backup to the local repository from Google Drive if I were to do that and complete the package. Is there an example extension I can look at for structure?

I will look into that. I might include the ability to import a backup to the local repository from Google Drive if I were to do that and complete the package. Is there an example extension I can look at for structure?
I suggest you contact my colleague and forum user custer. He is responsible for Plesk extensions and can provide all necessary information.

Hey there Brian,

Great job on the effort with the provided script! Is there any update regarding a possible extension on Plesk?

Please advise, thanks!

Back