• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fedora Core 6 x64 version with Plesk

E

edcarriere

I found something out that I did not know about the x64 version of Fedora Core 6. Once you install it and do the updates/upgrades, the system blocks binary files from being executed as programs.

When trying to install plesk 8.1.1 (FC64x64), it would always give me ¨cannot execute binary file¨. This was also happening after I had disabled SELinux. I followed all of the online instructions and nothing worked...

I found out that doing chmod +x on the psa* file changes the permissions but does not allow you to execute the binary file.

You must use the FC6x64 ¨file browser¨, locate the file, right click the psa* file, in the permissions tab set the ¨allow executing file as a program¨ and also change the SELinux setting to ¨temporary data¨ from ¨file_t¨.

This will allow you to install plesk without problems from what I can see...
I never had this kind of problem with the 32bit version, only the x64 versions...

Ed

No GUI

I think you might be able to use mc to do the same thing but I am not 100% sure of that. You would need to use a file manager of some sort to change the permission so that it works...

I do not know why it was made that way by fedora core 6 x64...

I also had:

¨cannot execute binary file¨

On closer inspection it turns out I was trying to run a 64-bit executable on a 32-bit system.

The key was to use the following command:

Code:
[root@cp3 swsoft]# uname -a
Linux cp3.snowballeffect.net 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 #1 SMP Mon Oct 16 14:39:22 EDT 2006 [b]x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux[/b]

x64

If you think you have a 32 bit system then you should not be using the x64 bit OS. But if your system is a x64 bit system, then the OS is correct.

Try installing one of Fedora's graphic desktops. Then use "nautilus" to take care of the file permissions.

My system says:

uname -a
Linux echo1.wwwemailhost.com 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6 #1 SMP Wed May 16 18:18:22 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Back