• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Few Question before upgrading.

omexlu

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have some questions about upgrading from "Version Plesk Onyx v17.8.11_build1708180301.19 | OS Debian 8.11" to the current Plesk Obsidian because there will be an upgrade displayed in my GUI:

- Is it currently stable enough to upgrade?
- Is the current license for the current Plesk Onyx also valid for Plesk Obsidian (provider hetzner)?
- Are all settings as they are currently in Plesk-Onyx automatically adopted in Plesk Obsidian?
- I have installed older Php versions (5.x.x) for some websites that only support this, do they still exist / work and all other php versions that be used on Onyx?
- Will all websites remain online during the upgrade including the database?

Thank you in advance.

- Is it currently stable enough to upgrade?
Yes.
- Is the current license for the current Plesk Onyx also valid for Plesk Obsidian (provider hetzner)?
Yes.
- Are all settings as they are currently in Plesk-Onyx automatically adopted in Plesk Obsidian?
Yes.
- I have installed older Php versions (5.x.x) for some websites that only support this, do they still exist / work and all other php versions that be used on Onyx?
Very outdated and insecure PHP5.x will work for your sites in the same way. Plesk Obsidian won't upgrade it to PHP7.x
- Will all websites remain online during the upgrade including the database?
Very short downtime is possible during the possible webserver restart process.

@IgorG

Thank you a lot for the fast reply, i will upgrade it later this day :)

A last question are the backups saved in the same directory as in Plesk-Onyx otherwise i need to rescript my bash-scripts :)

Thanks.

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to upgrade successfully and without any problems :)

Thanks again.

Hi there! You have asked the exact question in my mind! As far as I'm concerned you have upgraded your plesk today if forum time is right. Any issues so far? It is my customer's server and I need to be extra careful. Thanks already.

Hi there! You have asked the exact question in my mind! As far as I'm concerned you have upgraded your plesk today if forum time is right. Any issues so far? It is my customer's server and I need to be extra careful. Thanks already.

I didn't have any problems at all, during the pre-check I complained that I have custom changes to the templates (apache), thought I could remove them afterwards if necessary, but there were no problems at all after the update, so I left the custom templates in :)

@IgorG Have they changed much at all, maybe they should be updated after all (templates)?

I have compared and seen that nevertheless a few things in the original template was adapted, thus I deleted my custom-templates and move the original in custom and edit again to my needs.

Last edited:
Back