• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File extension: html vs php

bradm

New Pleskian
Hello,

First let me apologize if this is in the KB or somewhere in the forums. I searched, but was not able to find the needed information.

By default, I was under the impression that all file names would end in .php. We have a user who's files are now being published in .html instead of php, and this is generating 404 errors. I've checked the settings in the "Step 4. Edit" section of the builder, but it only allows you to change the file name before the extension, not the extension itself.

Any input on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I could be wrong but simple text pages are probably in html which any modules or special features if they are used would have to have a .php extension so there could be a mix. However, you would be better investigating as to why php isnt working on the hosting account. Some hosting have it OFF by default and you can just enable it in the hosting control panel.

Regards

Back