1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

File Manager Error

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ByteBistro, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ByteBistro

ByteBistro Guest

Hey,

When I try to edit a .html file (any file in this case) in File Manager, I get the following error:

Can somebody walk me through how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello Michael,

It looks like there is a permissions issue here. Please. use utility "vhostmng" to reset permissions. Here is the command:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/vhostmng --install-vhost --vhost-name=<domain name> --user-name=<username> --set-content-permissions

Where <domain name> is domain where to restore permissions and <username> is domain's FTP user that is configured in Parallels Plesk Panel on page

Domains -> <domain name> -> Web Hosting Settings (version 9.x) or Domains -> <domain name> -> Setup (version 8.x).

The command will restore default permissions under virtual host directory.

Please, see the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/6572

Thank you