• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question File Manager: unable to display log files with long lines

JulianDot

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have few log files , each line is quite long, more then 2000 characters ( debug informations )
Plesk File Manager is not able to open it , it display the message

Unable to display the file ///httpdocs/log/error-log-2023-09-14.log: Unsupported file format.

There is something on Plesk side or on OS itself ?

I created a test_log file with 20700 characters in one single line but was easily able to open the file in the built-in file editor. I could edit it, save & resume, save, see the changes on the command line etc. No issues found. Could it be possible that your file it not a pure text file? Does it contain special characters, maybe "invisible" UTF-8 control characters?

Pff, yes, correct

In that log file it is possible to be binary code here and there , instead of UTF-8, there are PHP logs ...

Maybe you can workaround the issue by logging these errors to a separate file? The File Manager's editor is a text editor, so naturally it won't work on files that are non-text files (in some sort of ASCII range), but fully or partially look like binary files.

Back