• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved file not found for html + JS

WhiteTiger

Basic Pleskian
In the domain I've a Joomla website and it's working.
In its sub domain I an an old website built with a generator of htm pages and menus in javascript.
In local this is working, but called from the sub domain it replies "file not found".

I did not understand if there is any configuration of Plesk to manage for HTML websites or if the problem is another.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi WhiteTiger,

each (sub)domain has it's own "Apache & nginx Settings", where you are able to setup the default "Index files". The standart settings are:
Code:
index index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml
Pls. consider to adjust it to your unique custom content and pls. don't forget, that IF you use ".htaccess" - files as well, that with the webserver - combination "apache+nginx", you might need additional nginx directives. ;)

I've these settings for index files: index.htm index.html
About the additional nginx directives, I know only settings used for Wordpress.

Code:
if (!-e $request_filename){
   rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php break;
}
# enable gzip compression
gzip on;
gzip_min_length 1100;
gzip_buffers 4 32k;
gzip_types text/plain text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml text/css;
gzip_vary on;
# end gzip configuration
location ~* .(ogg|ogv|svg|svgz|eot|otf|woff|mp4|ttf|css|rss|atom|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|zip|tgz|gz|rar|bz2|doc|xls|exe|ppt|tar|mid|midi|wav|bmp|rtf)$ {
   expires max; log_not_found off;
}

Hi WhiteTiger,

your answer indicates, that you don't use additional ".htaccess" - files for your subdomain with the issues. In this case, pls. consider to post the corresponding apache + nginx log - files from the subdomain, in order to be able to investigate your issue(s)/error(s)/problem(s).

Back