• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File uploads in IE11 failing

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 12.0.8 MU30 CentOS 6.5 (Final) 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Using IE11 when you attempt to upload a file to the document area it fails,

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  1. Login to WPB Account
  2. Click on the Documents Tab
  3. Click Upload
  4. Select a File
  5. Click Open
  6. File upload error "unable to upload the files"
ACTUAL RESULT

File upload error "unable to upload the files" - no file is uploaded

EXPECTED RESULT

File should upload into documents area

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

On some systems we see the following option appear :

"do you want to open or save documentfbfb8b.json" erro in IE11

or ie simply crashes

I have had two customers report same issue today, and have been able to reproduce it in the office as well.

OS CentOS 6.6 (Final)
Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #30
PPSitebuilder12.0.7-14111811

as reported to me;

"This is when using Internet Explorer Version 11 (11.0.9600.17501) on Windows 7

In Web Presence Builder - Add a Photo Gallery, Under ‘Image Storage’ select ‘Store my images in: Parallels Presence Builder’ Then select the button ‘Click here to upload your images.’

Select an image to upload from your computer, Upload will look like it is going as normal (You will see the upload bar) but once complete a message pop up at the bottom prompting me to download a JSON file (The file name differs depending on if you upload a .png or .jpg for example see pic)

Attachments

• WebBuilder-JSONError.png
    WebBuilder-JSONError.png
    601.5 KB · Views: 2
Same problem here. We are running Standalone WPB 12.0.7 and several customers have reported about this. We are able to reproduce the problem (with IE 11).

We are also having the same issue reported by many clients using IE specifically.
"Do you want to open or save b191edbd.json from..." for example.

This occurred after the most recent update to 12.x

A large number of our clients are using Internet Explorer and I'm sure it accounts for a large portion of presence builder's client base. I'm assuming that web presence builder is now very low on the totem pole of things to care about since contacting support has become increasingly difficult as time passes.

in such situations in the past we have had to find the buggy file and restore the older copy from backup, not the same as uninstalling I know but its often been the only way to sidestep a screw up until a fix is shipped. And no we haven't isolated said file or files in this case, most of our customers have fortunately been able to switch to another browser.

Thanks JussiK. Good to know, pity Parallels didn't think it was worth mentioning a hot-fix was available a month ago but then again I see they say its for the stand alone version and many of us are using the integrated version with Plesk. Hopefully the hot-fix works for this version as well...

"This behavior has been submitted as a software issue with internal id #PPB-4405. It will be fixed in future product updates."

Can anyone at Odin advise how much longer we will have to wait for this fix ? this has been a problem for over 4 months now and I would consioder that a pretty poor customer response time ! Our customers (those who are locked into corporate IE setups) have been unable to upload files for this period which is very bad for a product they pay for and in turn we pay for.

Is anyone at the copmpany willing to provide a hotfix for non stand alone version ?

Back