• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Filesharing loosing files

Thorsten Fey

New Pleskian
Filesharing configured with Plesk seems to have problems?
I set it up Filesharing with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29 / #1 (Working on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS): In some shared directories all files seems to disappear - under connected Windows / MacOs clients suddenly empty folders are displayed. Neither old nor newly added content is displayed. I noticed that the effect only occurs when I put special content (PHP files) via my windows client here. However, I find all files on filesystem-level (bash console) - in the relevant directory and surprisingly in a .DAV subdirectory (I am not a WebDAV expert). However, manually removing (a) the affected files, (b) affected files and the other stuff stored there doesn't help - only the complete deletion of the affected folder and recreation helps (or better: helps not, because I won't have empty ones ;-(). Looking to the WebDAV configuraion and adding the (missing) option "ForceType text/plain" for the corresponding directories does not seem to help...
Is it a generall problem (perhaps another post exists) or is it just on my server??

Back