• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firefox crashes Plesk 10.2.0

C

CJ.

I got something weird going on here. After I run the Update manager to install some modules like the Firewall, Bandwidth limiter, etc Each time I access the login page with my desktop Firefox, it just crashes Plesk. I tried IE9 on the same computer and Plesk stays up. I did the same with the laptop Firefox and it also stays up... A friend of mine tested with his Firefox client and it also stays up.
So it looks like my Firefox is the only browser that is causing Plesk to crash. I already cleaned the cache and is updated to the newest version, but no luck.

I am not sure it is Plesk that crashes, I think it is just your Firefox browser that crashes.
Do you have plugins installed in Firefox? Try to switch them off, as they can cause problems sometimes.

It is Plesk crashing, a couple seconds after I visit the login page I receive mails from watchdog that Plesk Webserver is down. And a couple seconds later another one saying Watchdog started Plesk Webserver again.

It would be great to see the list of installed components and Firefox product version to resolve the issue.

We have this Problem to

Plesk crash when i will login with Firefox but IE is ok

Attachments

• extensions.jpg
    extensions.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 14
  • plugins.jpg
    plugins.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 9
same prob here.
everytime i connect to plesk using firefox the psa service stops.

i can restart it using /etc/init.d/psa startall

safari runs ok.

this here comes up in /var/log/messages simultaniously when i try to enter the admin page with firefox.

kernel: [ 67.810056] sw-cp-serverd[3606] general protection ip:7fa4d4141218 sp:7fffe55bea90 error:0 in libcrypto.so.0.9.8[7fa4d4073000+172000]

Hi all,

I'll forward this request to developers but only after you provide me with:
1. Info about server where Plesk Panel is installed (OS, version)
2. Version of Panel installed
3. Info about server where you open Firefox (OS, version)
4. Version of Firefox you use

Do you all see the same error in /var/log/messages?

Thanks for your replies and patience.
The issue description has been forwarded to developers - they've confirmed that this is a bug.
I'll update this thread as soon as I'll get a solution from them - possibly it will be shipped as a micro-update.

I have this issue too. I updated to Plesk 10.2 last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi EugeneL
can you please post again the link of microupdate because I have the same issue?
Thank you in advance!

Back