• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall Activation Failure

R

realtek

Hi,

When I try to activate the default firewall rules that are their by default after installing the firewall module in Plesk 7.5.0 I get the following error:

------------------------
Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed
-------------------------

Any Idea's?

I can't seem to find any logs anywhere. After this happend, I logged into the server and naviated to the above path and tried running the script again manually.... this caused my fireall to deny connections from anything on any port.

Strange...

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

stupid question but, do you have iptables installed ? or ipchais ?

the weirdest thing happens to me too, if i want to free up the firewall with iptables -F I have to reboot my system because the firewall will deny evyerthing.. come to think of it that this might be a good safety measure against those who want to tamper :)

Hi I have the same problem We have the our plesk is on VPS

Any help is greatly appriciate it.

I'm not sure firewalls work inside the VPS environment. This is one thing that tends to work better at the server level. There have been several reports regarding this issue already. I'm a little surprised though that this feature is even included in the VPS version of Plesk if it's known to Plesk already. So maybe they're unaware of the issue that som e others have already discovered.

They're aware of the issue, it will be fixed in Virtuozzo 2.6.1 (due soon).

Back