• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Firewall and IPv6

Thomas Wilhelmi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.52
Hi,

I have IPv4 and IPv6 on my server. And I want to harden my firewall-settings. So I set the built-in rule

System policy for incoming traffic

to deny. And I defined all wanted traffic in rules. But this has the effect that all IPv6-traffic is blocked. What can I do that tis works correctly?

BR
Thomas

Are you using the plesk firewall or a different one? I'm using the plesk firewall on my server with IPv4 and IPv6 with no issues, IPv6 and 4 traffic is going through just fine so we need more information.

@Thomas Wilhelmi There has been an issue with Firewall where all IPv6 traffic was blocked upon changes to the Firewall configuration. But that was fixed very quickly a few days ago. Could you please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Firewall extension? The issue should not occur with the latest version of that extension.

In case you need a quick workaround, you can also try to specify port range 1-65535/tcp in the rule and apply the changes. But updating the extension is best.

@scsa20 I'm using the standardPlesk-Firewall. Not ufw and not firewalld. That is confirmed. So it's iptables.

@Peter Debik That is checked and confirmed. I use the latest Plesk version and all extensions are up to date but the IPv6-traffic is vloked if this rule is set to DENY. I switched back to ALLOW so it's currently okay. But this is not the intention of the rule.

Back