• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall bug (int16)

shall

Regular Pleskian
Attempting to set an allow rule in the firewall for ports over 35000 results in the following error (that also prevents me from ever managing the firewall via Plesk again!):

===================================================
winfwmng failed: Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:151
psaerror(string 'winfwmng failed: Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\firewallmng.php:35
firewallmng->_call(string '<command><show><portopenings/><interface guid="{96CF2579-43C1-4A62-89C7-0D984ABB34E2}"/></show></command>')
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\firewallmng.php:174
firewallmng->get_rules(string '{96CF2579-43C1-4A62-89C7-0D984ABB34E2}')
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\firewall\RuleList.php:46
RuleList->fetchRuleList()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:96
cList->fetchList()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:115
cList->init()
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\firewall\FirewallInterfaceForm.php:37
FirewallInterfaceForm->assign(array, string '')
7: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\firewall_interface.php:104
===================================================

Apparently Parallels isn't aware that using an int16 to manage a range from zero to 64k would require it to be unsigned. This is a BUG and I would really like it to be fixed. Meanwhile, I have to go dig through the PSA database to see if I can access the data so I can gain access to the firewall config in Plesk again. Sigh.

Meanwhile, I have to go dig through the PSA database to see if I can access the data so I can gain access to the firewall config in Plesk again. Sigh.

Nothing found in the psa db or the file structure. The firewall settings have to be stored as an XML format in order to return this type of error - but I am not seeing anything edited on the server in the last 24 hours that is related.

Anyone know where the firewall config is stored? The file "winfw.conf.xml" from %PLESK_BIN% looks like it may be the original, but no modified version is found. Heck, even an option to reset the firewall to the original settings (I'll just re-add the dozen mods I've made already) would be fine.

This was reviewed by my colo, where they've determined it is indeed a bug in Plesk (they were able to easily recreate the problem). It has been escalated to Plesk. I'll let you know if they fix it or what they've done.

Same here.

Just added 15 ports via a range and now get this same error when attempting to access Plesk firewall.

Although ports were successfully created and are operational.

Didn't spot this post, but have sent support request...

Lea

Back