• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall configuration problem

fruf

Basic Pleskian
I have the same problem on different server, one is a fresh install, debian 6 + plesk 10.2, the other two years old debian 5 upgraded to 10.2. The firewall worked flawless before with plesk 10 but now If I try to change the firewall settings I receive this error:
Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /opt/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.18-028stab081.1/modules.dep: No such file or directory
ip6tables v1.3.8: can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
proc_close() failed: Undefined index: PLESK_DEBUG_SQL

I tried to setup the firewall on the fresh install but received a similar error to the first one:
Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /opt/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
FATAL: Module ip6_tables not found.
ip6tables v1.4.8: can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': Invalid argument
Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

proc_close() failed: Undefined index: PLESK_DEBUG_SQL
What could be the problem?

It looks like you have Plesk installed to Virtuozzo containers. Plesk 10.2 has support for IPv6 and as such, if it finds utility 'ip6tables' it uses it in configuration script of Plesk Firewall. However, support for IPv6 on containers is not enabled on the node itself, so ip6tables utility produces error.
As possible workaround you can move ip6tables inside the container away:

# mv /sbin/ip6tables /sbin/ip6tables.renamed

and now Plesk firewall creates activation script without ip6tables command and can be properly activated.

Back