1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Firewall configuration problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by fruf, May 10, 2011.

1. fruf

fruf New Pleskian

85%
    I have the same problem on different server, one is a fresh install, debian 6 + plesk 10.2, the other two years old debian 5 upgraded to 10.2. The firewall worked flawless before with plesk 10 but now If I try to change the firewall settings I receive this error:
    I tried to setup the firewall on the fresh install but received a similar error to the first one:
    What could be the problem?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It looks like you have Plesk installed to Virtuozzo containers. Plesk 10.2 has support for IPv6 and as such, if it finds utility 'ip6tables' it uses it in configuration script of Plesk Firewall. However, support for IPv6 on containers is not enabled on the node itself, so ip6tables utility produces error.
    As possible workaround you can move ip6tables inside the container away:

and now Plesk firewall creates activation script without ip6tables command and can be properly activated.

3. fruf

fruf New Pleskian

85%
    Great, thanks IgorG, it's working flawlessly now