• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Firewall Rules Management can not be enabled

h-alf

New Pleskian
Hi all,

i have two servers that are just installed, both have the same problem.

when i click "Enable Firewall Rules Management" I get an error page. After reloading I get an permission denied, that's it.
Back to Start...

I'm attaching screenshots of what is happening, sequentially numbered.

The problem is the same on both servers. Both servers have the same hardware and software, same versions.

OSUbuntu 18.04.4 LTS
ProductPlesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.26, last updated on April 15, 2020 11:08 PM

Does anybody know a solution?

TIA
.h

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.png
    2.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.png
    3.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.png
    4.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.png
    6.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
Did somebody else have the same problem?

In which log can I see something for this error?

Last edited:
It seems i am having this, or a very similar problem. My firewall rules aren't being applied any more through Plesk Firewall Management. I've reinstalled the service twice, unfortunately no luck.

Did you happen to find a solution to this problem?

Can you please check under Tools & Settings > Custom View settings and make sure that "Firewall" and Extensions are marked.
If they are not marked, please mark it and click on "Apply".

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I set up a brand new server today with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I am using the Plesk web admin edition. I have already tried to reinstall the Plesk firewall but unfortunately I get exactly the error screen described above. How can I fix the problem?
Is the Plesk Firewall not included in the web admin edition?

Short update from my side: I was able to solve the problem by first enabling the Plesk Firewall Rules manually via CLI. For this purpose I executed the following command:

Bash:
sh /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh

After that I was able to activate and even deactivate the management in the GUI without any problems. The IP tables have been adjusted accordingly and everything works fine.
I don't know why it worked like this but now everything is fine.

Back