• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

First Dedicated Server

K

Kinkify

Just yesterday we purchased a virtual dedicated server for our company websites, and everything was going great until I started to get e-mails up and running.

I tried searching the forums but none of the threads were of much help; in short, I don't know Linux.

I was able to configure the domains just fine, but when I set up e-mail accounts and tried to send e-mails to them, they weren't recieving any. Also, I didn't recieve any errors on the side I sent them e-mail from. Anytime I try sending an e-mail through Horde, it gives me the error: There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

I have also tried configuring Thunderbird to send e-mail through the SMTP server and I recieved a similar error.

Please help. :( Go Daddy sure isn't.

i have the same problem... where do you do this???

i can't figure it out...

how do you killall???

Hey there.

After further inspection it seemed the problem was that we had configured one of our e-mail addresses to recieve all e-mails that were addressed to non-existant accounts. If you have any that are configured in this way, you should disable them immediately.

I am having the same problem

what does that "code" actually do? I would like to know before I try it

Originally posted by starving_artist
I am having the same problem

what does that "code" actually do? I would like to know before I try it

See if the problem has anything to do with the last post I made first. All the commands did were shutdown the 2 xinetd services and opened up only 1.

Back