• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue flock: failed to execute /opt/alt/python38/bin/python3: No such file or directory

XTech

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.50,
I am getting the below email from my Pleask server and don't know what is it or how to get this fixed.

The subject line of the email: Cron <root@server> /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/shrinker.lock /opt/alt/python38/bin/python3 /opt/alt/modsec-sdbm-util/bin/shrinker.py > /dev/null
the email body/content: flock: failed to execute /opt/alt/python38/bin/python3: No such file or directory

I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Refer to this thread to get some ideals:

Basically you got a cron job running somewhere, find it and remove the entry.

cron job running somewhere
The only item that comes up in a UI search for "chron" is "NTP Timesync" Is it possible it's called something other than "cron job" in the Plesk interface? I think it may be a "Scheduled Task" when working with Plesk.

Although when I look under Scheduled Tasks, I see nothing. (I have this "failed to execute" problem too.)

@Harun I run this command apt-get purge imunify360* in SSH terminal and it seems to be fixed
[Warning: Removes Imunify360 including all configuration files.]

Last edited by a moderator:
@XTech Why do you suggest to completely remove Imunify360 from the user's server? Maybe the user wants to use Imunify360?

Back