• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

For single site customers, do you set them up as a client, or just a domain?

T

Troy

I'm just curious how people set up single site customers.

Since a domain has to be under a client, I suppose you could have a single client for the hosting company, and then set up all single site domains under that one client, and give the customer only access to the domain.

Or, like I've been doing, you can create a client for each customer, limited to a single domain, then set up the domain, and give the customer the client login.

I'm not sure which is best. Giving the customer a client access gives them the ability to modify domain setting they might not otherwise have, like enabling/disabling frontpage extensions (although I'm not positive you can't do that with just a domain login). It also means they can remove their entire domain and set up a different on in its place, which could be undesirable.

Anyway, I'm just looking for advice, I don't know which way is best.

we gave them client access but with only permissions for 1 domian.

plesk doesn't have resellers imo. they need to review the whole web users, domain users, client relation. clients are endusers. and since there is no client administration, there is no reseller ability even if some claim there is. that said it s one of the best for endusers as they are free to do a whole lot. It is great that they can add/delete domains and so forth.

what would be needed would be yet another level, and that it would be possible to restrict clients in terms of e.g. scripting abilities or database type...

Back