• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Force PLESK to check MX records of hosted domains

M

msaunders

Hi

Hope someone can help

I want to use an external SPAM service such as Postini etc . This involves changing your domains MX record to point to the Postini service, and then in turn, the Postini service sends the email back to my PLESK server.

I am having issues where the PLESK server tries to deliver the mail locally , rather than looking at the MX record . This happens if both the sender and recievers domains are hosted on the same box .

Is there a workaround for this or some way to force PLESK to check the MX record when delivering locally ?

thanks and regards,
Martin

Hi, I always have a similar problem when a client has us host their web site on our Plesk box but their e-mail is hosted in-house on an Exchange server. Other domains on the same box try to deliver to Qmail instead of finding the real MX entry.

The solution in my case is to go into qmail and remove the domain's entry in virtualdomains and rcpthosts files. On my system these are in /var/qmail/control/ After removing the domain from these files mail is correctly delivered to the MX host elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Mattmello

Thats what I ended up doing . It would be nicer if you could default Qmail to check the MX entry first .

thanks
Martin

Help

MSaunders,

I am having the same problem you mentioned.

I have a dedicated server running Plesk 9.2. All of my clients run their email through my server except for one where they have Exchange 2003. I can email to everyone on my server EXCEPT the person with Exchange. I am also running Postini as our email cleaning solution.

Do you have any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this problem? Do I need to do it on my Exchange Server or is it a change I need to make in Plesk? I asked my hosting company and they said I needed to shut off local email but I said.. that wont work cause then I wont have any email. They dont seem to get that I am just using Postini to clean and NOT to get email.

Anyway, any instructions someone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Kim

Back