• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

force sftp

C

cdpapoulias

Guest
Hello all! Two things:

1. I want to force people to use sftp

and

2. Complete disable proftp so people can't even try to ftp

Thank you all, I believe #1 is possible by just telling my domain users to use sftp as sshd is already running. I just want to also prevent them from using regular ftp.

Dinos
 
You can block the FTP port in the firewall. Or set disable = yes in /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa and restart xinetd (I believe Debian may use inetd instead of xinetd?). Plesk may overwrite ftp_psa though, so just closing the FTP port might be the easiest solution.
 
Back
Top