• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forms Hang in Firefox 1.5b1

I'm having the exact problem. With the qmail issues I'm having since the 7.5.4 upgrade I just assumed it was a bug in Plesk. Turns out, it's Firefox. The older version works fine as does IE.

The purpose isn't to bother the people at Plesk about this but to inform other users of an issue. The problem with FireFox is so transparent that you can easily mistake it for a Plesk problem. Nothing looks out of place or garbled. Forms just fail to submit, but everything else works fine. Furthermore, the problem doesn't seem to occur on any other forms that I've submitted using this build.

Plesk developers should still be aware of the problem though. If by chance it doesn't get fixed in a final release of FireFox they may receive this as a bug report to Plesk.

So again the purpose isn't to bug them, but to inform everyone else that this is a legitimate problem with Firefox and not Plesk. Information is never a bad thing.

TROLL?

wchatham, are you TROLLing on the PLESK board?

After reviewing the PLESK/Firefox bug submission above, perhaps the following suggestion might be a good idea for the PLESK team to do --

The "remove_submit_oC" function and all other functions should pass the form name as a parameter rather than just picking it up by using a numerical key.

i.e. --

remove_submit_oC(this.form);

function remove_submit_oC(f)
{
if (!f.confirm.checked) {
alert("Dovete confermare la cancellazione."); //in en.: you must to confirm
the removal
return false;
}

f.cmd.value="remove";
f.subcmd.value = "";
f.submit();

return false;
}

I'll say one thing about FF Beta! Its Javascript support is extremely buggy!

I use a javascript-based rich-text editor in my content management system for all sites I develop (www.xinha.org) -- and FF throws out tons of errors / exceptions that are based on FF's Javascript engine (not errors in the script itself -- errors in the execution of it)...

The thing about the problem with PLESK and FF that bothers me is that there are no javascript errors being logged by Firefox -- which means that FF isn't detecting that the code is incorrect/malformed ...

So =) -- is the javascript standards compliant or not? =)

It is still a beta, but I was having so many problems with Plesk that I went back to 1.0.7.

While Plesk's javascript is not standards-compliant (or their html or css...), it is possible for them to make it so.

Still, they do a good job of getting Plesk to work in every other browser I have tried it in.

SOLUTION!

I have created an extension for FireFox v1.5+ that will add a context menu option 'Submit PLESK Form' as the first choice (Right-Click to see it). You can also get it from the 'Tools' bar.

What the extension does is quickly run a different javascript submit function.

Please install this and let me know how it works!!!

http://www.antiochwebhost.com/fixPlesk-v0.1.xpi

EDIT -- so far this application is only good for pages with ONE form -- I'll add options to submit secondary / third forms later.

- Chris

Issue is Fixed in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2

Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 has fixed the problem. Everything happened the way it is supposed to. You submit bug reports, the developers look at it and they fix it.

I am very pleased with Mozilla Firefox.

--
Brandon Petersen, http://www.brandonpetersen.com/

Beta 2 or not, thanks for the hard work on the plugin, CCHickman

Back