• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk not working with MVC nor WebForm Deployment

Vinster

New Pleskian
Hello team,

I am opening this thread to see if any of you experts can help me out. :(

I have a Plesk account with TMD Hosting, and they are not of much help although they have been very friendly and opened to my concerns.

So, here is the problem:

I have a domain and a subdomain, and I want to have two separate websites. In my subdomain, I wanted to test a small application which is based on Authentication forms and although the app works just fine under my localhost, when I publish it to my plesk account the submit buttons does not work (MVC and Webforms).

Unfortunately, the Log files are not presenting any errors neither is the network option under the chrome browser showing any error or anything I could be based on.
There is really nothing I can get a guide on what the problem might be. I am almost without hair. LOL I even created a try and catch specifically to the login page in order to see if the damn thing gives me an error to guide me but no, nothing happens.

My button has a code behind method, typical of webforms, which will get the username and password and then perform the login with authentication forms. Although the code is working fine in my localhost, when I deploy the website to my pleask account (Subdomain) the button does nothing. It seems like the button just loads the page again!!

Any help you guys could give on this matter? Maybe I am just missing a configuration on my plesk account?

Thank you guys.

If you are sure that your code is published correctly on your site, that everything is located and configured correctly, then there is always the opportunity to enable more detailed logging, debug mode, and so on. This way you can examine the logs and find the cause of the problem.
Have you tried to enable debug mode?

If you are sure that your code is published correctly on your site, that everything is located and configured correctly, then there is always the opportunity to enable more detailed logging, debug mode, and so on. This way you can examine the logs and find the cause of the problem.
Have you tried to enable debug mode?

Thank you so much Igor.

Yes, I have. The code is so simple, honestly.. there is not much to it AT ALL. It is just getting two strings, username and password, comparing against an instantiated obj (User in this case, of course) and performing the login with Form Authentication. I can share them if you wish.

Regarding the publishing:

This is new to me. I have never dealt with publishing websites in my life, even more using plesk; However, I did what the default steps tells us to do:

1. Created a subdomain.
2. Copied the Web Deploying Publishing Settings.
3. Published my code over to my subdomain using the settings
4. Tested the url and nothing (rdstation.vinnysilva.ca)

I honestly do not know what else to do. :/

Hey Igor,

thank you for the reply! Yes, I have changed that rdstation.vinnysilva.ca files trying to find the solution to my issue. WOW, have I worked hard on it. :(

https://rdstation.vinnysilva.ca/login.aspx this is the login page now. At the moment I am trying to use Identity from Windows. Their newest technology on user security.

I could not get it to work. On my localhost, the app works just fine. I do not understand why the button log me in is not working accordingly. :(

So basically, what the issue is, is that when I publish my website to Plesk the page buttons does not work as it supposed to.

Example. In my default page I have this HTML code :

Code:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="default.aspx.cs" Inherits="IdentityTest._default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <h1 id="headerOne" runat="server">Change Me by Clicking the button below</h1>
            <asp:Button ID="btnChangeH1" runat="server" OnClick="btnChangeH1_Click" />
        </form>
    </body>
</html>

And then, in my Server side I have this code. The button will change the h1 tag text. In my localhost it works just fine but when I publish it to Plesk. Why ???
Code:
using System;

namespace IdentityTest
{
    public partial class _default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            btnChangeH1.Text = "Change Text";
        }

protected void btnChangeH1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            headerOne.InnerText = "Hello from the server";
        }
    }
}

This is what is causing my problem! :( The button is not reaching the server side code as soon as I upload the app to Plesk. Any thoughts?

Thank you Igor for all your help.

Back