• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Found the problem with Spam Assassin but no idea how to fix it ..

C

CBiLL

Well after a week of hunting down .. I finally found what broken on Spam Assassin but I have no idea how to fix it ..

It seem after a 7.5 upgrade some of the mailbox got thier .qmail files all screwed up and some are even now missing a user_prefs file in thier mailbox even those they have set it to filter spam ..

Also EVERYONE'S blacklist and whitelist had been WIPED from user_prefs and however any new recent blacklist address is being added fine ... but the old blacklist is STILL in the spam filter ..

Now I could ask them to rremove it from the list and readd it to update thier filter but they have thousand of blacklist collection they been addding .. even one client have like 2,000 blacklisted in Plesk spamassassin and there no way I could ask her to redo her blacklist .. I know I would lose her to another hosting companies .. I already lost a bunch of customers because of spam assassin problem and don't want to lose any more ..

Now .. I already submitted to sw-soft support and I know they been in my server because I can see in the log they been there and they already email saying there nothing wrong with it and they would "relay it to thier programmer" that why I gave up on them and did the searching myself and found that problem so I firgue Ill post it here and see maybe someone have an idea or a way to take all those 1000's of blacklist that in Plesk Control panel spam filter and have it update the user_prefs so it would start filtering email again

now I already tried

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

but it didn't do a thing and output this

sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
mchk: popen_exec: command failed code: 2 , error: none
mchk: popen_exec: command failed code: 2 , error: none

so is there an way to fix my issue because it seem some people spam assassin are working while other are not and sw-soft thinks it working but now I know it's really broken and don't want to be bother asking for thier help right now cuz i am mad enough at them as it is for costing me so many customers so I am trying to see if I can fix it myself first before I go back begging sw-soft to fix it ..

also is there a way to force plesk to update all those already in blacklist to update the user_prefs in thier mailbox and there is NO WAY I am going to tell the customer they are going to have to remove each domain from Spam filter and readd them back into the filter ..not when they have over 1000's of domain listed in there .. I can't afford to lose more customer ..

I am all open ears and any suggestion tips hint help is greatly welcomed ..

Bill

LOL ...

I was gonna go ahead and try reinstalling psa spamassassin and see if that fixes it and I get this ..

#rpm -e psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc1.build75050128.10.i586.rpm

error: package psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc1.build75050128.10.i586.rpm is not installed

#rpm -Uvh psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc1.build75050128.10.i586.rpm

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
package psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc1.build75050128.10 is already installed

Something is screwed it seem ..

Bill

You could try --force 'ing the RPM. I'm not sure if this will help fix your issue at all though.

Formatting for the rpm -e was incorrect.

#rpm -e psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc1.build75050128.10.i586.rpm

(including filename) is not accurate. Try again using

rpm -e psa-spamassassin

OR do a --force to install the RPM again (as cranky said)
However, as cranky said, I doubt this will fix the problem.

Well I removed spamassassin and reinstall it but it seem to have taken spamassassin out of everyone's email box and wiped all thier filter .. my mistake I guess

Now is there a way to restore it or turn it back on for each email account?

I can't seem to be able to enable it for all the email accounts .. it's greyed out and there not enable spam filter in the prefernece.

Only time I saw enable spam filter is when you create a new email account ..

gawd I hope the setting was saved somewhere

Never mine I found out that it disable the Plesk Spamassassin inferface so once I enable it all the spam filter came back but all thier blacklist / whitelist they had collected are gone now ..

Where was those list normally stored or saved in? in the mysql?
or on the file on server somehwere?

BI

Now a new problem ... Horde Webmail ie webmail.domainname.com have disappeared and they all are going to the main domain page instead ..

Any idea how to bring that back?

Bill

well I restarted everything and it seem to bring the Horde back online again ..

Bill

Still need to restore everyone's blacklist and whitelist .. any idea if a copy was made somewhere on the server?

BIll

Back