1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Email Accounts

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ZeroPain, May 11, 2005.

1. ZeroPain

ZeroPain Guest

i want to offer free email acccounts on one of my sites, is there a script that will creat email account automaticly that intergreats with plesk?

I have looked though the API i am pretty skilled in php but not an expert. and i can't find anything there in the API to allow mail account creation.

I know i can do it via the /usr/local/psa/bin/mail.sh but i don't know of a way to run this via a php script running under apache. cause as i understand it needs to be run under root.

I do have root access to this server. I'm looking for a way to make my own or at least some help an idea on how to make a php creation script. so ppl visiting my website could sign up for a email account on that site. i can do everything myself save for the actual adding of the email account to the system. if anyone has any ideas or an example of a function i could use to do this it would be a great help.

Steven Norder

2. 0031

0031 Guest

Since 7.5.3 Plesk API RPC supports operations with mailnames. Look at the content of psa-api-rpc-protocol package - there are requests format descriptions.

3. ZeroPain

ZeroPain Guest

where would i go to get that or find more documenation on it cause the docs on the web site don't show that

4. Cranky

Cranky Guest

5. ZeroPain

ZeroPain Guest

Yeah looks like they haven't updated those docs cause says nothing about mail

6. ZeroPain

ZeroPain Guest

I figured it out and made it work thank you very much for your help. and i am using the api-rpc interface but i guess they just added it in 7.5.3 i can't remember if i read this in this post or another.

Thank you again.

Steven