• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD 7 support when?!

Right. FreeBSD was dropped as a supported OS. The decision was accepted on the base of business necessity. We can't spend resources for support of OS which is extremely rarely used for Plesk installations.

Sorry guys, I should inform you that decision to drop Free BSD is not final. It is 95% likely that we will drop Free BSD, but it is not official now.

Subscribed.

I don't run any production FreeBSD servers on Parallels, but I do benefit from being able to run test VM's before deploying for real. FreeBSD 8.x and 9-STABLE are running fine for me inside Parallels Desktop 6, and they ran fine in PD 5 before I bought the upgrade.

If you break FreeBSD under PD, you can rest assured that PD6 will be the last upgrade that I buy. Thanks! :)

New information - CentOS 4/RHEL 4 and FreeBSD will not be supported for upcoming Plesk 10.3.

Subscribed.

I don't run any production FreeBSD servers on Parallels, but I do benefit from being able to run test VM's before deploying for real. FreeBSD 8.x and 9-STABLE are running fine for me inside Parallels Desktop 6, and they ran fine in PD 5 before I bought the upgrade.

If you break FreeBSD under PD, you can rest assured that PD6 will be the last upgrade that I buy. Thanks! :)

kartoffel,

To be clear, this thread only refers to the Parallels Plesk Panel - a control panel offering for servers running websites, e-mail, and other web services. Neither this product nor announcement is in any related to supported guest operating systems in our consumer hypervisor product known as Parallels Desktop.

Back