• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD Apache Coredump

R

rnieuwelaar

Hello,

We are running a server with 400+ Vhosts running FreeBSD 5.4 and Plesk 7.5.4. Yesterday, after adding another Vhost, Apache Coredumped. Probably this happened because of a file descriptors value too low.

We tried to recompile Apache with a higher FD_SETSIZE value, but without success.

Does anyone know how to recompile apache, so that we can keep adding VHosts? Thanks a million in advance!

Rob

Hello,

Thanks for your time, unfortionately we're running FreeBSD and not Redhat. Tried to contact SW-Soft support, but they don't seem to be working on Saturdays.

We don't really know what to do since there are customers waiting for their Vhost, but our 'unlimited' plesk license refuses to create them.

Rob

I could most likely recompile your apache, and help you take steps to up the amount of available file descriptors within freebsd.

I'm pratically a freebsd guru ;).

I would indeedly have to charge a small administrative fee for this.

Please contact me via email or PM as soon as possible.

Surely we can come up with a solution to your problem.

Back