• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD +Migration Manager

L

lhenor

Hi!

I just managed to use the Migration Manager with Plesk 7.5.2 for FreeBSD 5.3 to fetch from our old box Plesk 7.1.5 (FBSD 4.10).

It seems that is an issue with the Migration Manager and you have to login with the root user.
However, I have not looked into logs to locate the problem as the work-around seems to have worked for me.

Add to /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
PermitRootLogin yes

Lhe

Update

(Upgrading from 7.1.6 to 7.5.2)

I went into some more troubles while trying to migrate data from our old server the new using the "web-based migration manager".

So this is what i did to make it work,

* copied PMM/PleskX.* from the new box to the old box.
* Dumped all data using PleskX.pl.
* copied the pma folder from the old box to the new box (PMM/archives)
* copied the pma xml (PleskX.xml) result file from the old box to the new box (PMM/var/dump.xml)
* Ran the migration manager using the web interface and imported the clients and domains I needed

I also needed to change the encoding from UTF-8 in the result XML file to ISO as we are using nordic characters.

So far so good - I wil test the new box today and hopefully I can move to the new box during the night.

LHE

more issues

Just transferred some other domains and the migration manager could not create some mailboxes because it could not set the password due the password is a "dictionary password".
I have not applied to Plesks option to check for dictionary passwords so in my opinion I should have been able to add the mailaccount.

Anyway, do sw-soft have a bug-report email or form? I cannot remember to have seen either.

LHE

Back