• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD Plesk 8.3 & Joomla 1.5

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
Is anyone who is running FreeBSD 6 with Plesk 8.3 installed Joomla 1.51? The install goes okay, but I cannot get the FTP user to work within Joomla. Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Probabbly the rights are apache:apache not ftp user, use mod_suphp, easy to install and use.

I figured out what was going on. The FTP user stuff requires you to put the path to the joomla installation, but that path is actually the ftp client path, rather than the server path. When you log into a domain ftp space, the ftp server root path is "/", even though the server path is /usr/local/www/vhosts/domain.com/

When setting up joomla 1.5, then, the FTP root path is /httpdocs/joomlasubdirectory, not the full server path.

So, it was my mistake and had very little to do with Plesk. But maybe this answer will help someone else...

Back