• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Frequency of Log File Rotation

Quotes

New Pleskian
How do I check/change the scheduled task relating to processing the log file rotation?

I already know how to update the log file rotation settings for each subscription (e.g. by size, daily, weekly, how many to retain, etc). What I don’t know is how to run the maintenance script that carries out the actual log file processing, and see if I can increase the frequency the log files are processed.

Thank you IgorG, that is almost what I wanted, although that solution is for a specific domain, and I want something to run server-wide.

I am trying to deal with sudden bursts in log file size due to brute force attacks. I am also considering move log files to a separate disk although if that fills up I don’t know if Apache would continue to run if it can’t create a log file properly.

I found this article which runs a different script to rotate logs for the whole server - How to force Plesk to rotate logs more often on Linux

However, I think that what is needed is an auto-rotate feature when logs reach an exceptional size. The settings currently allow for rotation over a filesize of choice but that is rather useless during a brute force attack (in my case 14GB error log generated in 30 minutes). The process needs to be more nimble. I will put this forward as a suggestion.

Back