• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"From" email address in notifications

L

Leomania

I have Plesk 10.x running on a CentOS 5 VPS. The default setup for notifications seems to use my external Gmail address as the "From" address in notification emails, which Google sees as spam since the email clearly isn't originating from Google's servers. Is there any way to change the address is uses for its "From" to be one that matches a domain on the VPS?

Thanks,

- Leo

As far as I remember it should be admin's email. Isn't it?

The "from" email address is my external email address, not from the domain that the VPS is hosted under. Since my external email address is [email protected] and the notification comes from the VPS as [email protected], Google knows it's a lie and tags the email as spam. This will cause the IP address to be banned by Google eventually as a spammer if it continues.

I think that the domain name of the VPS should be used (let's call it vps.com), so using say [email protected] would be fine.

Back