• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage Extension Email

B

beri

I tried to use the frontpage email form extensions, but ne email is sent by the server.

The server stteings are (default plesk):

SMTP mail server:
localhost

From address:

Reply address:

I have tried to use a mail account created with plesk for the adresses but it still does not work.

Which settings are correct ?

Thank you

Working on your server ?

Are the forms working on your server emsol?

I contacted customer service and they checked my server but they could not get things running....

They said that they will escalate this to developers...

Have not heard anything for two weeks now.

In the Sharepoint administrator you must specify the default smtp server and the default from / reply to addresses for frontpage email - did you try that ?

I did but it still doesnt work.

Yes, i did. But no effect.

The form page is just reloading on my server and the form is not being processed.

Doing some research...

If you have set your smtp server to require authentication, frontpage email wont work becasue it cant authenticate.

On the other hand, if you dont set it to require authentication - you risk your server becoming an open relay.

Using a linux server with exim I setup a private relay config to allow the windows server to relay through and then set frontpage on the windows server to use an smtp address on the linux server.

Still get the same problem. Any frontpage form appears to submit without any errors but no email is received.

I'd be interested to see if anyone here has actually got this to work.

I cant get frontpage to send email either using the local smtp server or an external one.

This problem MUST be Plesk specific because Ive nver had a problem installing and using frontpage with email on any other server.

Can someone from SW-Soft please aknlowledge that this is a bug / problem and let us know that you are looking into it ?

Has anyone managed to get frontpage to send email on a plesk 7 win server ?

We are experiencing this issue as well. When a client submits a FrontPage mail form the web browser returns back to the form with no error message and no sent email

Our server allows localhost, 127.0.0.1 and the server's other IP addresses to relay through MailEnable without authentication. FrontPage is configured with the correct SMTP server (localhost).

If anyone has a resolution to this issue we would greatly appreciate it.

We're seeing the same thing.

In our case, form pages simply reload without doing anything. No confirmation page, nothing. If you set a stock FP feedback form to write out to a text file that doesn't work either. Well it sort of works, the file is written but it's zero size (like touch).

I've gone so far as to install the Microsoft SMTP server on a high port just to see if it was a MailEnable issue, unfortunately that didn't seem to fix the problem either.

OK I figured it out.

Frontpage Extensions and Server Side Includes are mutually exclusive.

To get FP web forms to work, turn off server side includes for the domain in question, recalculate your web in the FP Admin applet then check server health and correct permissions. No other configuration is necessary as everything works with stock Plesk.

Note - You cannot turn SSI back on after this or you break any new FP forms that are published after the fact.

This is a known issue and has been since the WIndows NT 4.0 era, as noted in Microsofts KB article Q256861.

I followed this and my forms still do not work.. In what order should this be done?
Here is what I did:
1st time:
I took the SSI association out in the Plesk Control panel which takes it out in the Configuration within IIS for the virtual site. I recalculated the Web and it started to work but every other time it would generate a error to tell me to look in the application log. If I refreshed the page then the emails would be sent out. So I reinstalled the 2002 server extensions readded the SSI association in Plesk control panel for the virtual host that is having the problem manually took out the .shtm and .shtml association within IIS , recalculated the web , did the permissions and still does not work. Now I get an error this error after I check the server health and detect and do a repair - http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_299919.aspx

I am running Plesk 7.0 on Windows 2003

Back