• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FrontPage Extensions

S

sgoode

I am not able to access anything on our server using Microsoft FrontPage. It is fair to say that we are comparative novices at running a dedicated server, so there may be something that we are missing!

I have checked on the server and we have FrotnPage extensions installed in Add/Remove Programs.

I have looked at the IIS settings and all necessary FrontPage files have permission.

In Server/Server management in Plesk I have IIS running.

In Plesk, I have Microsoft FrontPage support checked, SSL is required for authoring and administration checked and Microsoft FrontPage authoring enabled.

If I select FP - SSL WebAdmin I get the following error message:

https://www.4d-data.com/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmdll.dll?page=webadmin.htm

We desperately need to make information available to our customers and the responses that I have had back from Tech. support have not been particularly helpful to date.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Anyone have a resolution for this situation?
After migrating from Ensim on Windows 2003 to Plesk I have spent at least a month trying to figure out why FrontPage does not work for any clients (around 88 on the server) when FrontPage is enabled for the domain, with authoring enabled (or disabled). Even accessing the FrontPage WebAdmin from inside of Plesk fails.

I have already tried numerous times to uninstall/reinstall FP Extensions from the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" tool.

I have upgraded from 7.00 to 7.0.3 then to 7.5.1 trying to get a lucky fix as well but nope!

Seems many people have this problem, but seems that each post asking for a solution goes unanswered. (whats the point of a support forum?)

Hi,

The frontpage issue on Windows with Plesk is a known problem. It however has a solution and can be fixed. There are certain changes needed to make on the IIS level and frontpage config. If you need you can leave me a message and I will get in touch with you.

Regards,
Renegade,
Crazytechs.net

Back