• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ftp a sftp

Inma

Regular Pleskian
Hello, I have changed from FTP to SFTP and I should be able to connect only in SFTP and port 22 correct?
because when connecting by SFTP it does not connect me, we continue accessing by FTP and port 21
what am I doing wrong?

1689238756557.png

You did not change from FTP to SFTP, but from FTP to FTPS.

SFTP = SSH connection with FTP on top, based on port 22.
FTPS = FTP connection with SSL, based on port 21.

In order to use SFTP, make sure that port 22 is accessible and that the subscription has SSH privileges, at least chrooted SSH access. Only the subscription user, but no additional FTP user can access the storage space through SFTP, because only that one user has SSH privileges.

As mentioned before, we cannot remove threads just because you are asking for it, because these are also used and referred to by other users. We'll of course remove all sensitive information or the full posts that contain such information, but I cannot see any such sensitive information in this thread. If you want specific posts that contain sensitive information removed, please report such posts.

Sorry, delete only those with sensitive information, you don't need to delete it Sorry

Back