• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ftp backup broken

• Thread starter Alexander Stamatis
  • Start date
A

Alexander Stamatis

I noticed that after the upgrade of plesk the box wasnt sending the backup in the ftp repository and was storing them locally.

Also the backup actions were indicating failure..

So I went to the ftp repo. settings in order to reenter the configuration and I get this error...
Everything else runs normally.

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: MySQL server has gone away

0: common_func.php3:168
db_query(string 'select `id`,`name`,`type`,`uri` from DashboardPreset where `id`=5')
1: class.Table.php:183
Table->select()
2: class.cObject.php:479
cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
3: DashboardPreset.php:29
DashboardPreset->__construct(integer '5')
4: common_func.php3:3115
objectMaker(string 'DashboardPreset', integer '5', boolean false, NULL null)
5: common_func.php3:3124
objectMakerEx(string 'DashboardPreset', integer '5')
6: UserAdmin.php:205
UserAdmin->getDashboardCustomPreset()
7: Favorites.php:100
Favorites::renderFavoritesDropDown(boolean true)
8: class.Form.php:286
Form->assign()
9: BackupManagerForm.php:149
BackupManagerForm->assign(object of type plesk__server__backup__ftp_repository, object of type BackupManagerScreenTabs, object of type BackupFTPRepositoryList)
10: backup.abstract-repository.php:48
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItemsList(string 'GET', NULL null)
11: backup.abstract-repository.php:26
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
12: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
13: plesk.php:38

I have to respond to keep this issue at the top...it is a recurring issue that is being ignored by plesk!!!!

I have the same issue...ftp repository is not used correctly, even though I get a successful message in an email and everything with no errors reported. What is happening though with mine is that the files actually end up in an old repository that is on the same server,... this is not the default server dump but rather an older repository from months ago.
Is there any file that can be edited to reconfigure the default ftp repository, because the plesk interface does not handle this correctly?

I get constantly errors.

Plesk Does not respond.

The problem is that the backups are stored locally and also this increases the disk usage of the clients ...
Aand then I manually need to remote backup the files...

try upgrading the psa-proftpd to 1.3.2. Works fine for me

yum upgrade psa-proftpd

Back