• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup in multiple files?

SherlockH

Basic Pleskian
I guess this is a quite trivial question:

Why is the FTP Backup (visibly) splittet into multiple files? Do you have to copy all of them back to the server repository for a restore? In our case, one single day is on multiple pages because there are so many files ...

Thanks in advance ...

Or in other words:

Is this the normal behavior and we will be able to do a restore when necessary? Just worried that something could be wrong ...

Okay, last try: can anyone confirm that there are multiple backup files per backup visible in FTP backup (in difference to the server repository, where there is only one per backup)?

Thanks for your reply. As far as I can remember, the backup was shown as a single entry even when backup splitting option was selected in older versions of plesk ...

When copying the files back to server repository for restore, are they again merged to a single backup automatically?

Plesk should see the backup as a single backup archive. Or it did in v10 anyway. I guess the separate archive parts are listed within an XML file?...

I had issues a while back with uploading multi-part backups through Plesk so settled with single file backups, even though they are around 5GB.

Thanks for your reply.

I also remember that the backup always appeared as on single backup entry in plesk, even on ftp backup. I think - but I am not really sure - we switched to encrypted backup one day, and then multiple files appeared. Now after switching back to unencrypted backup, there are still multiple files visible.

Our backup has about 100 GB, so the splitting option itself should be used, I guess. But I´m afraid that being able to see each file in plesk is a bug.

Back