• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP backup to remote NAS server (at home) behind firewall(yes, i have read the forms)

T

The Emgineer

So heres the deal, Im using plesk 8.1 and trying to backup to a remote FTP server using the new plesk backup utility.

Heres my setup:
-Red Hat Enterprise 4 server
-at ServerBeach server farm
-ReadyNAS 1000s NAS server, using FTP
-behind netgear prosafe firewall connected to the net via Time Warner Road Runner cable, 8000kbps down, 768kbps up

YES....Iv already done the obvious:
-set up port farwarding on the router on: 21, ect., and MANY ranges of passive FTP ports
-tried DMZing the NAS, to no avail
-tried many different connection strings in the 'FTP server' setting in plesk
-tried MANY different read/write permissions and usernames on the NAS FTP directory
-connecting to the FTP server from multiple FTP clients, from multiple different machines, on different WAN's, all of which worked.
-I KID YOU NOT, 24 HOURS STRAIGNT IN THE SW-SOFT AND 'INFRANT NAS' FORMS

My semi success:
-I can create a backup, and it sucessfully saves to the remote FTP server, HOWEVER, when the backup completes, plesk displayes no values for the following on the 'backup success' page, e.g.: Name Value: NOTHING, Comments: NOTHING, Creation date: Dec 31, 1969 04:00 PM, Name: NOTHING .... EVEN THOUGH the backup file does have these values on the remote FTP server
-ALSO, the 'FTP repository page' doesn't display the successful backups, its just blank...always...which is weird, because when i enter another "ServerBeach" servers FTP info, everything works just fine.

PLEASE HELP, HELP, HELP, IM AT MY WHITS END!!!!!!!:(
-is this a problem because my remote FTP server is behind a residential cable modem?
-Is this even possible in the first place?
-What the heck am i doing wrong???????

Thank you, and happy holidays;
-Chris

Back