• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP backup working properly, but still reports error

Hoschi

New Pleskian
How can I solve the following problem?

Manual and scheduled backup to FTP are working properly. Still, any backup task reports an error and remains in server repository, requiring daily cleanup by an admin.

During backup, all server configuration and content is exported to FTP repository as 'backup_<date_time>.tar'. Transfer takes about 2.5 hrs due to size and connection. After transfer is done, connection is closed and following error is thrown.

part of error message
<description>The dump have been made successfully but can not be imported to FTP due to errors.
The dump 'backup_info_<date_time>.xml' have been leaved at repository '/var/lib/psa/dumps'. Please export it manually</description>
<description>Can't upload file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_info_<date_time>.xml.tar' to ftp</description>

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Desktop, 10.3.1, Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS (hardy), x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
FTP Backup working, but still reports error

ACTUAL RESULT
Backup task not finished, leaves data at server repository

EXPECTED RESULT
Backup task finished, no data left at server repository

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
FTP Server receiving the backup: FileZilla Server version 0.9.39 beta on Windows Server 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I remember there were some problems with Filezilla server. Try to use active/passive mode or other FTP server at least.

I got the same problem with Plesk 9.5.1 and vsftp as remote ftp server.
We already tried active / passive mode, but it did not change anything.

Another symptom we discovered was the fact that the repository view shows us the created files... Just with a filesize of 50B (instead of 39GB). Not really what I expect... ;)

It's quite annoying as we have to delete the old backups almost every day, so our customers won't reach disk quota limit.

Is it possible that it got fixed in a newer version?

I'm looking forward to an answer soon!

Sincerely
Louis

I think it is network related problem or FTP sever misconfiguration. In any case it is require detailed investigation, logs, logs of FTP server, etc.

Ok, thank you.

What I can see as of now - The FTP server replies with an OK to the file transfer.
Mon Aug 8 07:37:13 2011 [pid 22833] [pleskftp] FTP response: Client "***", "226 File receive OK."

BUT:
Mon Aug 8 07:25:19 2011 [pid 23186] [pleskftp] FTP response: Client "***", "150 Here comes the directory listing."
Mon Aug 8 07:25:19 2011 [pid 23186] [pleskftp] FTP response: Client "***", "226 Directory send OK."
Mon Aug 8 07:25:19 2011 [pid 23186] [pleskftp] FTP command: Client "***", "CWD /server__1108060113.tar"

I'll see what I can find further on...

Back