• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question FTP Backup

AB M

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,
I'm new to Plesk, this question is from a newbie
I heard that the backup module in Plesk is not well designed. You can't upload backup files that are >2Gb.
Does this apply to FTP repository? what will happen if my backup file is 250Gb big?
Thank you!

Could you please describe scenario when you need to upload backup file to Plesk? For what?

For migration let say....but my question is more about FTP repository, does the 2Gb limit rule apply when you need to restore the backup from FTP ?

For migrations use Plesk Migrator. You can use backup file with any size on FTP repository. Do you really think that Plesk has a limit to 2Gb size for backup file?

What if something happened to the live server.....completly gone .... will then be just as easy as to creat a new box, and using plesk connect to the backup FTP server and it will show it as a valid backup ? even it wasn't made by the new plesk box ? i heard that it's not that easy with plesk .....please tell me what happens in this scenaio when your main server is gone but you have a backup over FTP somewhere else.
Thank you

What if something happened to the live server.....completly gone .... will then be just as easy as to creat a new box, and using plesk connect to the backup FTP server and it will show it as a valid backup ? even it wasn't made by the new plesk box ? i heard that it's not that easy with plesk .....please tell me what happens in this scenaio when your main server is gone but you have a backup over FTP somewhere else.
Thank you
Scenario for transfer through backup files is possible and described here - https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/d...transferring-data-through-backup-files.71256/
Have you read it?
Also look at restoration option Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature here https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/d...transferring-data-through-backup-files.71256/ because your selected for restoring backup file was created on another Plesk server.

I can confirm from practical experience with a 150 GB backup file and hundreds of subscriptions in it that a full restore is possible, even if the signature of the backup file does not match the new host.

Back