• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved FTP - Can't connect via FTP

warleb

New Pleskian
Have a strange issue with FTP connection.

On the plesk dashboard I go to domains where I can see the FTP login details

All that looks fine. When I try to connect using filezilla it won't connect. I get a timeout
Have checked all of the settings in filezilla and everything looks OK. Protocol is set to FTP. Host is entered, user is entered, password is entered.
So not sure what's going on. Anyone have any suggestions. Could it be some other setting I have not considered in the PLESK dashboard such as firewall etc?

Thanks

Do you have port 21 open on your firewall?

If using Passive FTP, you'll also want to make sure the range listed at Tools & Settings > FTP Settings > Port or port range for passive FTP mode connections - is also open.

Thanks, looking at the plesk dashboard in tools and settings I don't see any settings for FTP port ranges or FTP mode connections. Seems a bit strange maybe. Might need to contact the tech support by telephone.

Just to let you know. Support had open the port for me. They did it in a completely different area away from plesk. But it's working now

Back