• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP daemon buggy in Plesk 18.x on Debian 10.x so WinSCP author Martin told me

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Username: jmar83

TITLE

FTP daemon buggy in Plesk 18.x on Debian 10.x so WinSCP author Martin told me

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 18.x, Debian 10.x, Virtualization SW is unkonwn to me because i use it as a service (virtual server with root rights)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

WinSCP (current stable) does not show symlinks​

2021-06-11 02:05
I created it on httpdocs folder on SSH console. WinSCP does not show. But when I upload a file with WinSCP and then make ls in that httpdocs dir, then I will see both.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Create a symlink in a www-folder then use WinSCP most current version (on 2021-06-11) and you will that it will not be shown until you turn off the "MLSD" feature...

ACTUAL RESULT

It's hidden when you wreate a symlink in a www-folder then use WinSCP most current version (on 2021-06-11) and you will that it will not be shown until you turn off the "MLSD" feature...

EXPECTED RESULT

That i see it. More exactly: That the FTP daemon used my Plesk 18.x on Debian 10.x will send the necessary data / informatation so FTP clients show it

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

-> WinSCP (current stable) does not show symlinks :: Support Forum :: WinSCP

-> Bug 4322 – Can't see symlinks using any FTP client when using MLSD

Workaround, after disabling "MLSD" thing i will see it - as expected with "MLSD on" or "MLSD auto"

mlsd.jpg

If you need more informations, so please don't heistate to ask me. Thanks.

With kind regards from Switzerland,
Jan

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

BTW, I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.36.0, CentOS 7.9
ProFTPd version: psa-proftpd-1.3.7a-2.centos.7+p18.0.36.0+t210604.1022.x86_64

What is your exact version of the psa-proftpd package (apt list psa-proftpd)?

Back