• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue FTP Error: fatal: unknown configuration directive 'IdentLookups' on line 88 of '/etc/proftpd.conf'

kennysamuerto

New Pleskian
Hello,

This morning, two of my clients told me that their Plesk servers were not connecting to the FTP.

Without any recent change, I detected that in both servers, my monitoring system detected the failure at the same time, so I concluded that it was an error in a Plesk update.

The error indicated in the message log was:

fatal: unknown configuration directive 'IdentLookups' on line 88 of '/etc/proftpd.conf'

I've checked, and both servers show an update error from Plesk:

[2020-03-11 03:43:05.832] ERR [panel] Error: 2020-03-11 03:43:05 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--check']
2020-03-11 03:43:05 ERROR: Update operation was locked by another update process (Plesk installer or pum).
2020-03-11 03:43:05 ERROR: Exited with returncode 100.

In both servers, the error is the same, at the same time, and with the same characteristics.

I solved the problem with the FTP, commenting the line #IdentLookups off in /etc/proftpd.conf and restarting xinetd.

Is there a bug in the update?

Looks like you ProFTPD package was installed/updated from the Atomicorp repository but not from official Plesk repository.

Thanks for posting, mine has also updated then from the wrong repository. We have the exact same issue. The package is an auto update from Plesk how do we correct it to update services from the correct repo?

Back