• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Error

C

ckeller

When trying to verify location for FTP publishing, I receive an Unknown FTP Error. The following is what the Logs from SB 4.0 is showing me:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Message Publish Location checker, PublishProbeFiles step error
SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.PublicationException: UnkownError ---> Xceed.Ftp.FtpReplyException: Access denied. (reply code 550)
at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommand.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.GetUploadStream(String remoteFilename, Boolean append)
at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.GetUploadStream(String remoteFilename)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.XceedFtpClient.Upload(String a_path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__f()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.Invoke[T](ObjectMethodInvoker fun)
The FTP reply was:
550 Access denied.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.ProcessException(Exception exception)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.Invoke[T](ObjectMethodInvoker fun)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.OpenForWriting(String fileName)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceFile.Open(FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.PublishProbeFiles()

I am able to login via FTP to my host with the same settings I have setup in SB 4.0. I am able to login via traditional FTP client as well as in IE 7.0. What could be causing this issue?

Hello,
Please check permissions for creating/deleting files and directories.

Alex,

All permissions were setup correctly. I did resolve the issue though.

Our FTP software has an optional setting to allow a back slash (\) in path names. I had to turn this on to work.

Thanks,
Chris

Error Verifying Location & Publishing

I'm getting the same error when I verify location or try to publish... please help!!!

Publish Location checker, PublishProbeFiles step error
SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.PublicationException: ItemDoesntExist ---> Xceed.Ftp.FtpReplyException: /Test377ba625-8cec-43f6-b02e-04da62480c5f: Access is denied. (reply code 550)
at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommand.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommand.Execute(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel)
at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.CreateFolder(String folder)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.XceedFtpClient.Ensure(String a_path)
The FTP reply was:
550 /Test377ba625-8cec-43f6-b02e-04da62480c5f: Access is denied.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.XceedFtpClient.Ensure(String a_path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass7.b__6()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.Invoke(EmptyMethodInvoker fun)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.CreateFolder(PathEx path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.EnsureFolder(PathEx path, Boolean recursively)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.AddSingleOnly(PathEx path, DateTime created, DateTime lastWrite, Boolean readOnly)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.AddSingleOnly(PathEx path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.Add(PathEx path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.IStringIndexedCollection.Add(String name)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.PublishProbeFiles()

tried a different user and get the following error

Requested URL /Admin/SiteMgmt/SiteList.aspx?SiteID=dd75a9b1-510b-4212-a128-9c2d59702b3b
Referrer URL
User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
Message Publish Location checker, DeleteProbeFiles step error
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.GetItemRecursively(PathEx path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceItemsCollection`2.get_Item(String name)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.LocationChecker.DeleteProbeFiles()

Hello,
Please try to start with ftp account with full permissions - create ftp accoint that has full access to ftp folder. Try to publish.
If it succeeded, you can start to cut off some rights to meet minimal requirements.

p.s. To resolve your current issue - please check if your ftp server makes redirect when account login to it? There could be troubles with such scenario on some frp servers.

multiple domains under single ip

Our ftp server does perform redirects based on user id and password. It uses active directory and a single ip and within IIS to host multiple domains.

What types of troubles with such scenario are you suggesting and what would be another way to publish sites?

Back