• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP File Overwrites

EricHamby

Basic Pleskian
I have 3 servers all with 11.5.30 and on each server i cant overwrite files and some files i just cant place over FTP. I have tried Dreamweaver and Filezilla. I am having to edit my sites using the editor in the panel which is just out of the question. I am using CentOS 6.4 Final.

Im not sure what other info you guys need to try to see whats going on but just let me know. Been living with this for a while and enough is enough.

Who owns the files in question? You can see the owner/group in the File Manager.

If it is Apache and not the ftp user then the files are likely to have been created by a PHP script with PHP running as Apache_Module in the Plesk settings for that site.

There's a long thread about this -- search for posts by user LordLiverpool and you'll find it.

This is, of course, assuming you are experiencing the same issue, and you may not be.

Back