• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp folder

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
I am using windows server 2008 R2. I have a ftp site in my server.It creates a folder in C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\<ftp site id>\localuser\<username>\ and it has lot of files. These file are same as files in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\<domain name>\files\ .Now while creating ftp i have given the same folder(<domain name>\files\) as ftp home directory. because of this files in both C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\<ftp site id>\localuser\<username>\ and C:\Inetpub\vhosts\<domain name>\files\ are same. if i copy a file to one folder it will be mirrored(copied) to other folder. Now my question is does it copy to both folder and take my server space double or it is just like a shortcut folder?

junction

Hello,

These folders are hardlinked (junctions). You don't have your server spaced used twice.
FTP server root directory is C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers. FTP server itself creates directory for every FTP site and for every directory. So Plesk configures home directory of FTP user to point into home directory of created subscription(webspace).

You can check how it works in Command line, for example:

C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\7\localuser>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7C54-9F36

Directory of C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\7\localuser

12/03/2012 01:47 PM <DIR> .
12/03/2012 01:47 PM <DIR> ..
12/03/2012 01:47 PM <JUNCTION> dl10 [\??\C:\inetpub\vhosts\dl10.com]
0 File(s) 0 bytes
3 Dir(s) 9,234,223,104 bytes free

Back