• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved FTP full backups with Plesk every time

michaelc

New Pleskian
Hey guys I've been using Plesk for about 3 months now I've had to reinstall a couple of times from mistakes that I've deleted by mistake however I'm trying to work out a backup system that works for me via FTP

I can set up each individual site I have 8 sites on there at the moment and also the server, the main site that all backing up fine however it does a full backup and then Incremental. backups how do I set it so it does a full server backup every night

As I have made mistakes in the past and have had to reinstall plesk and I couldn't recover from the back up because it wouldn't let me can join or join all the files together it's about 25 gig, So I just wondering as a failsafe for me being a new user the for the life me I can't work out how to join all the files into one.

If I just back up as one file every night that way if I do stuff for that again I can just recover from the night before as one file I'm able to do the individual sites because they're under 2 gig just not the main one if someone can shed some light in this that would be great

I did search the forum but there was nothing relating to what I'm trying to achieve that I can find

how do I set it so it does a full server backup every night
On the "Scheduled Backup Settings" page where you schedule the backup, uncheck the "Use incremental backup" checkbox.

I can't work out how to join all the files into one.
You should not, because each file has it's own complete structure from tip to toe. Joining the files will make the result unusable. Each of them is a complete backup file that contains the increment.

Hi there peter :)) " "Scheduled Backup Settings" I do set it for full back up but Incremental I only want to do full ones for upload to ftp.
as you can see from the photo there is incremental ones aswell
here is a photo on the schedule setting aswell

cheers for your help

download (2).jpeg download (1).jpeg

On the "Scheduled Backup Settings" page where you schedule the backup, uncheck the "Use incremental backup" checkbox.
Your screenshot clearly shows that the "Use incremental backup" checkbox is checked. To disable incremental backups, uncheck that checkbox.

Back